IT’S BEST TO START PLANNING FOR #GIVINGTUESDAY EARLY.
#GivingTuesday started in 2012 to balance the rampant commercialism of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. It’s an opportunity for consumers and businesses alike to remember the less fortunate in the world and to join together to give back in meaningful ways. This year, #GivingTuesday is on December 1st. It’s best start planning early and that’s why you should join us for the Twitter chat about it on August 28th at 1 pm EST. After the chat, at 2 pm, will be a social hour wherein everyone can talk amongst themselves. Join the community at #SM4NP, our biweekly Twitter chat.
We’ve invited our partners and experts to share resources, advise and more with our community. We are excited to have the following featured guests:
Kait Sheridan, Director of Partnerships & Programs, 92Y (#GivingTuesday)
David Gunn, Political Accounts Manager, Salsa
Rob Wu, CEO, CauseVox
Q1: What should you be doing right now for #GivingTuesday?
Q2: How can you stand out amongst nonprofits during #GivingTuesday?
Q3: How is #GivingTuesday changing the face of philanthropy?
Q4: What do you do after #GivingTuesday is over?
Q5: What are your top resources and social media tips for #GivingTuesday?
CLICK TO TWEET: START PLANNING FOR #GIVINGTUESDAY EARLY- JOIN ME AT #SM4NP ON 8/28 TO DO JUST THAT W/ @SM4NONPROFITS. #TWEETCHAT HTTP://HT.LY/RAORE
Help amplify the chat beforehand on Twitter by RTing or tweeting about the chat. Follow @SM4Nonprofits on Twitter to stay connected.
Find the chat by searching on Twitter for #SM4NP or #M4NP (or an alternative site for tweetchats like tchat.io).
During the chat, we will start with welcomes and icebreakers, and then lead the discussion with 5 thoughtful questions through our handle @SM4Nonprofits.
You’ll answer Q1 with A1, and Q2 with A2. Always include the hashtag #SM4NP. Feel free to talk to others in the chat, ask questions, get sidetracked, be thoughtful, and be social.
After the chat will be a social hour, wherein people can talk amongst themselves, so bring your questions to that!
- 10 Proven #GivingTuesday Strategies from the Last 3 Years–Read this post from Ritu Sharma
- #GivingTuesday Plans that WORK– Slides from David Gunn’s presentation at #SM4NP
- How Millennials are Disrupting the Art of Donating–Read this post from Lauren deLisa Coleman
- How to Measure Impact on #GivingTuesday to Apply Next Year and Every Year- Read this post from Ritu Sharma
- Increase Your Donations & Impact with #GivingTuesday Matches– Read this post from Ritu Sharma
- 29 Ideas for #GivingTuesday 2015 You Haven’t Thought Of– Read this post from George Weiner
- How to Plan for a Successful GivingTuesday Campaign– Read this post from Jenna Sauber
- Go Deeper with Your #GivingTuesday Strategies–Read this post from Ritu Sharma
- New Power: Disruption and Democratizing Philanthropy through #GivingTuesday– Slides from Henry Timm’s presentation at #SM4NP
- Is #GivingTuesday a waste of time?– Read this post from John Haydon