Last Modified: August 10, 2020
What Information We Collect About You
When You Visit our Websites
- You are free to explore the Websites without providing any Personal Information about yourself.
- When you visit the Websites or register an account, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
- This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business.
- Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or information that we acquire from service providers.
- Personal Information includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual.
- Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to the Websites such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and pages viewed. Please see the “Use of Navigation Information” section below.
- Payment information includes information we collect and process from you when you purchase our services, including credit card numbers and billing information, using third-party service providers. Except for this, we do not collect other Sensitive Information from you.
- This refers to credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers or similar personal identifiers, racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health condition or information, or other employment, financial or health information.
- When you view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Soar to provide general statistics regarding use of the Websites. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to other Personal Information such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
Information we collect from third parties
- From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and sources such as social media websites.
Information About Children
- The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected personal information about a child under 16, please contact us via email [email protected] so that we may delete the information.
How We Use Information We Collect
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Use of Personal Information
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites and to improve our services;
- send information or Soar content to you which we think may be of interest to you by email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote the use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user and will only be shared on an aggregate and de-identified basis;
- contact you about billing, account management, and other administrative matters;
- investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse; and
- meet legal requirements.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
- If you are a visitor located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Soar is the data controller of your personal information.
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Use of Navigational Information
- We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Websites and to provide you with a better experience when you interact with Soar.
- We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about Soar.
- Navigational Information, such as IP address, is used to approximate your location. For example, we may use your approximate location to provide content that has been translated or send emails at certain times using your local time zone.
- You may disable the collection and use of your location data through browser-, operating system- or device-level settings.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
- We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email or Intercom prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Use of Payment Information
- We use third-party service providers to manage credit card processing and other types of payments. These service providers are not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card or payment processing on our behalf.
Security of your Personal Information
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures.
Social Media Features
- Our Websites include Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, such as the Share Button or interactive mini-programs that run on our sites. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
- We offer publicly accessible blogs and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our public message forums or blogs this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you so request.
Retention of Personal Information
- How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information at an earlier date if you so request.
- If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Soar account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created
How we Share Information we Collect
- We employ other third-party service providers to provide services on our behalf to visitors to our Websites and our customers and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products, or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support.
- These service providers are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
- In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Soar on the Websites. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
How We Transfer Data We Collect Internationally
- To facilitate our global operations, we transfer information to the United States and allow access to that information from countries in which the Soar affiliated entities and individuals have operations for the purposes described in this policy.
International transfers to third parties
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
- Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
- Cookies set by the website owner are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
- Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates, or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected] with subject line Attn. Privacy Rights. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails or by contacting us at [email protected] with subject line Attn. Privacy.
- Customers cannot opt-out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us.
California Privacy Rights
For purposes of this section “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
How We Collect, Use, and Share your Personal Information
We have collected the following statutory categories of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. We collect this information directly from you or from third party sources.
- Commercial information, such as order records. We collect this information directly from you.
- Internet or network information, such as browsing and search history. We collect this information directly from your device.
- Geolocation data, such as IP address. We collect this information from your device.
- Financial information, such as Payment Information or financial account numbers in the process of providing you with our services. We collect this information from you.
- Other personal information, in instances when you interact with us online, by phone or mail in the context of receiving help through our help desks or other support channels; participation in customer surveys or contests.
Your California Rights
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
- The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used, and disclosed about you in the past 12 months.
- The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.
Soar does not sell Personal Information to third parties (pursuant to California Civil Code §§ 1798.100–1798.199, also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018).
How to Exercise your California Rights
You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent has written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent’s identity to protect your Personal Information.
131 Boerum St. #2
Brooklyn, NY 11206